Adoption Process and Fees
1. Dogs living in your home must be current on their annual and rabies vaccinations. Proof must be provided.
2. Dogs living in your home must be spayed/neutered.
3. Adoption Application must be filled out (can be found online @ www.brrari.org).
4. Photos of living arrangements for dogs must be provided. This includes fencing, outside housing/shelter, etc. This is in lieu of a physical inspection.
5. If adopting a puppy under 8 weeks old, a $50 hold deposit is required. The puppy will then be housed at our facility. At 8 weeks, when the puppy is ready, you will be able to pick him/her up. Before pick up day, your puppy will have been seen by a BRRARI vet and given their 1 st shots. You will be responsible for their rabies vaccinations at 4 months. A vaccination schedule will be included in your adoption packet. You will also be responsible for having your dog spayed/neutered at 6 months. The adoption fee includes a $50 deposit which is returned to you when providing proof (receipt of procedure) from your vet.
• Puppies under the age of six months are $225: $175 adoption fee plus $50 deposit for Spay and Neuter surgery (see #3 below)
• Dogs over 6 months and under 2yrs are $175
• Dogs over two years are $125
• Dogs over 8 years of age are $ 75
• Dogs with “Special Needs” are $ 100
1. All puppies and dogs are vet checked before leaving our premises.
2. All adult dogs over the age of 6 months come either spayed or neutered and are current on all vaccinations including rabies.
3. Puppies adopted out at 8 weeks – 6 months are not spayed or neutered. We believe it is not safe and can affect the health of the puppy in the future to do so. According to the Spay and Neuter rules and regulations of Colorado, we are required to retain a $50 refundable deposit from the adopter. Adopters are then required to show proof of the surgery at the 6-month period at which time your $50 deposit will be refunded by check.